Current Career Opportunities
Ascension Industries, an established WNY company, is expanding its operations and is in need of highly qualified people. We design and build Durco industrial filtration equipment, provide complete skid packages to the power industry, and provide turnkey manufacturing resources. We are recruiting!
or send a hardcopy to:
Ascension Industries, Inc.
1254 Erie Avenue
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Shift: 1st and 2nd
- Experience with metal fabrication
- Must be able to read/interpret P&ID’s, schematics, engineered drawings
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Relevant experience includes assembly of components
- Must be proficient with regards to ASME B31.3 Code requirements
- Will be required to demonstrate welding proficiency: pulse MIG, STT, TIG, X-Ray, etc…
- Fabrication of pressure vessels, structural skids, piping, etc…
- Joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weld-able material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Laying out and fabricating precision welds and elements from blueprints and engineering concepts
- Welding to ASME code and 100% x-ray
- Inspecting completed welds to determine structural soundness
- Working independently or as part of a team while making sound decisions and solving technical problems
- Performing all job duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Performing other functions/duties as required
Position: Machinist (Large Horizontal Boring Mill)
Shift: 1st and 2nd
- 2-3 years programming experience on large, horizontal mills
- 3-8 years relevant experience (experience in “job shop” environment preferred)
- Ability to read/interpret engineered drawings and willingness to interface with engineering department
- Must be proficient with measuring equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude & math skills required
- Rigging experience a plus
- Mastercam experience a plus
- Program mills by building & entering instructions (code), including all aspects of job set-up, calculations, tools,
- operating parameters and dimensional validation.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work-pieces; adhering to appropriate standards
- Maintain specifications by observing process & part quality; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
- troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools;
- adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Perform set-up and tear down/clean-up of machining centers.
- Utilize measuring devices – including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, tape measure, scales, etc…
- Perform pre and post-machining inspections to verify critical fabrication or material tolerance requirements.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Position: Electrical Assembler
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant manufacturing experience, preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, layouts, piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Knowledge of hand tools for assembly
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance is required
- Must be team orientated
- Assemble, Align, plumb, equipment
- Blueprint reading and layout
- Perform basic mechanical functions
- Reading Instrumentation Diagrams
- Able to pull wires and install components
- Work within Design Specifications & Classifications
- Able to bend and install conduit, build and install panel boxes
- Able to do basic wiring
- Familiar with Hand Tools and Shop tools